Solutions for New Plants
Build scalable, open systems that will sustain your plant into the future
New plants bring new opportunities. With Siemens as your automation partner, your new plant will be an agile, digitally driven operation that consistently produces competitive advantage.
Siemens Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) solutions will increase your ROI through efficient interoperability of all industrial automation components; and the TIA Portal can reduce your engineering time by up to 30% while improving transparency and diagnostics capabilities.
Siemens is committed to supporting you by providing training and knowledge resources, and through "modernization assurance." That is, have peace of mind knowing that Siemens' current products are engineered to migrate seamlessly into future technologies, ensuring your industrial automation needs will continue to be met in the future.
Why Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) ?
TIA optimizes the entire manufacturing process, leading to increased ROI by:
• Improving engineering efficiency for lower design costs
• Minimizing downtime by applying integrated diagnostic functions
• Boosting production flexibility through the use of integrated communication tools
• Enhancing plant and network security through integrated security functions
• Improving safety with technologies that protect personnel, machinery and the environment
• Optimizing data quality with a single, streamlined database
• Improving access to data for smarter decisions
• Simplifying implementation of automation solutions with global standards
• Improving overall performance through the interoperability of system-tested components
Why Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Portal Software?
Significant TIA Portal features and benefits that enable you to reduce your engineering time while increasing your level of transparency and diagnostics include:
• Integrated “no-programming” system diagnostics, automatically generated during device configuration
• One common tag database for fewer mistakes
• Ability to create custom libraries to be shared across your corporate servers for easy creation of company standardization for projects
• An overall project management tool that allows for complete system (multiple controllers, HMIs, networks, etc.) to be programmed, monitored, saved and stored all in one software package
• Easy-to-use, intuitive system functions, such as implementation wizards and drag and drop between editors, for fewer clicks and faster engineering
• Additional time-saving functions, such as online/offline comparisons, pictorial system view with online diagnostics, no-PC-required trace functions and the ability to make code modifications while in “run” state without stopping the PLC