Enhance your SINUMERIK control knowledge — register for our next webinar
Setup and programming of a fourth-axis machine in G-code with programGuide (SINUMERIK 840D sl / 828D)
Friday, January 25, 2019
2:00pm Eastern Time / 1:00pm Central Time
When making the move into more advanced technology, most companies look to transition to a fourth axis mill as a first step. This type of kinematic setup can allow users to begin to work on multiple sides of a part as well as multiple fixtures. The SINUMERIK control is equipped with several different embedded functions that allow for quick, simple setup and programing on the shopfloor or through a CAM system.
During this webinar, we will have an opportunity to explore real-world programming examples that will take advantage of both milling and drilling on a fourth axis — from drilling holes around the peripheral of a part to wrapping milling features about a diameter. We’ll look at both vertical and horizontal milling setups. At the conclusion, you’ll have the confidence to apply this technology in your current challenges.
Primary topics we'll focus on during the webinar include:
- Setup of a 4-axis mill — vertical and horizontal kinematic
- Shopfloor G-code programming through programGuide
- External programming through a CAM system
- Milling on multiple sides of a part
- Peripheral drilling on-center and off-center
- Milling with cylinder surface transformation
- Tool setup with either positive or negative offsets
Save the date for the upcoming webinars